President Bola Tinubu on Thursday approved the appointment of Mr. Ola Olukoyede to serve as the Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for a renewable term of four years in the first instance, pending Senate confirmation.
According to a statement signed by the President’s Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, on Thursday, this comes after the resignation of the former chairman of the anti-graft agency chief, Mr. Abdulrasheed Bawa.
It could be recalled that President Tinubu suspended the former chairman, Mr. Abdulrasheed Bawa, almost four months ago.
The statement reads, “Mr. Olukayode’s appointment follows the resignation of the suspended Executive Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Abdulrasheed Bawa.’’
Ten things to know about Olukoyede
1. Olukoyede was born on October 14, 1969.
2.. Olukoyede is a native of Ikere-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
3.. He had his university education at the Lagos State University; University of Lagos; Institute of Arbitration, France and the Kennedy School of Executive Education, University of Harvard, United States.
4.. The Ekiti State-born EFCC chairman was a member of the Fraud Advisory Panel, United Kingdom.
5. Olukoyede is a lawyer with over 22 years of experience as a regulatory compliance consultant and specialist in fraud management and corporate intelligence.
6. Olukoyede worked at the law firm of former Vice President Yemi Osinbajo before joining the EFCC.
7. At the EFCC, Olukoyede previously served as the Chief of Staff to the Executive Chairman, Ibrahim Magu (2016-2018)
8. He served as the Secretary of the anti-graft agency between 2018 and 2023.
9. Findings also reveal that he is a Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, City of Refuge, Lagos Province 12, Shasha, Lagos State.
10. He’s a member of the Federal Government Technical Committee on the Repositioning of the Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit.