Canadian high commission in Abuja gutted by fire (Watch)


The High Commission of Canada in Nigeria, situated at 13010G, Palm Close, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District in Abuja was gutted by fire on Monday.

According to Sun, the fire came from a generator explosion.

The explosion came with thick smoke from the generator house of the High Commission.

According to an eye witness, the scenario seemed as if the underground tank of the High Commission exploded.

The source said:

“It exploded twice. I leant that they don’t use NEPA (defunct National Electric Power Authority, now Power Holding Company of Nigeria), but uses generator 24 hours.”

Speaking further, the source said a technician at the High Commission and another staff, were alleged to have gone to the generator room, apparently to carry out some repairs when the explosion happened.

“They were burnt beyond recognition, one black (local staff) and another diplomatic staff,” the Daily Sun source further stated.

When contacted, an official of the Canadian High Commission who spoke with PM News, declined to comment on the incident.

Watch the video below:-